Here’s the top 10 reasons to watch the World Baseball Classic.
- “What else are you going to watch, hockey?”
- “Australia’s secret weapon: a fastball-throwin’ kangaroo.”
- “Before each game, you get to sit through 30 different national anthems.”
- “Because of the metric system, the games will be 6.83 innings.”
- “You’ll be part of a cherished baseball tradition dating back to 2006.”
- “It’s fascinating seeing how players from other countries scratch themselves.”
- “The winning team plays Neptune in the Galactic Baseball Classic.”
- “Because it’s an international event, our rightfielder is Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.”
- “Japan has one of them crazy robot shortstops.”
- “Due to the economic crisis, we all have to share the same pair of pants.”
Until then, see ya at the World Baseball Classic!