Attention all 1986 Mets fans, Gary Carter is now the manager of the Long Island Ducks. OK, so Carter lobbied to be Mets manager last season when Willie Randolph was on the “hot seat.” It was critcal and the Mets made it known. So Carter will manage the Ducks and hopefully have another shot at becoming a big league manager somewhere else. If not, he’ll join Sparky Lyle, Tommy John and Tim Raines, to just name a few who are managing in the Atlantic League.
Players to Watch
If your into fantasy baseball, here’s some players to watch:
- Gil Meche
- Ted Lilly
- Jason Kubel
- Ted Lilly
- Xavier Nady
- Adrian Beltre
I’m having issues get my blog roll to show up on the site. I have many bookmarked and would like to share a few blogs that I read on a daily basis:
- MLBlogs — Mark Newman’s blog.
- The Baseball Collector — Zack Hample.
- Brownie Points — MLB.com Red Sox beat writer Ian Browne.
- Cooperstown Confidential.
- Jesse Sanchez at the Park.
- Inside Pitch — Cabbie.
- The Boys of Summer — Roger Kahn.
- Julia’s Rants
- Bombers Beat — Bryan Hoch Yankees beat writer for MLB.com
- Bats — NY Times
- LoHud.com — The Journal News site.
Until then, see ya at the park!