Went to the New York City PSAL Baseball Championships at Yankee Stadium last Tuesday and what a treat it was. My girlfriend works for the Board of Education and the tickets were free. Though I’ll never be able to get the seats I had at a regular Yankees’ game, I sat in section 119 right behind the Legends seating at home plate. What a view!
Tag Archives: Yankee Stadium
The Yankees and Mets have new stadiums with plenty of seating. The problem: a lot of empty seats, especially at Yankee Stadium. Tough times with the economy is also hitting baseball hard. It baffles me when I’m watching the YES Network and see all those empty seats around home plate.
So far, 21 home runs have been hit out of the new Yankee Stadium. Thanks to Long Island Newsday, they put together a list of stadiums that are the best and worse for hitting the long ball.
- U.S. Cellular Field (White Sox) 2.76 a game.
- Great American Ball Park (Reds) 2.64 a game.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Orioles) 2.55 a game.
- Rangers Ballpark in Arlington (Rangers) 2.52 a game.
- Comerica Park (Tigers) 2.49 a game.
- Dodger Stadium (Dodgers) 1.48 a game.
- AT&T Park (Giants) 1.48 a game.
- Kauffman Stadium (Royals) 1.52 a game.
- Rogers Centre (Blue Jays) 1.54 a game.
- McAfee Coliseum (A’s) 1.54 a game.
Spring is around the corner, so they say.
Yesterday, New York looked more like winter with the snow falling and that’s not a good sign for baseball. The weather looks much better today and soon the season will begin. Here’s a countdown:
- 24 Days until the home opener at Citifield.
- 27 Days until the home opener at Yankee Stadium.
Pledge your allegiance!
Until then see ya at the park!